Greater Port Macquarie Events Submission Criteria
Thank you for your interest in submitting an event on the Greater Port Macquarie Events website. We are not obliged to list events submitted here and reserve the right to edit or decline events and choose which events are highlighted as Featured or Annual.
To be listed as an event on the Greater Port Macquarie Events website, an event must;
· Be unique, one off performances or events, art exhibitions, fund-raising initiatives or tournaments which are of interest to our visitors
· Occur at a venue or location within the Greater Port Macquarie region (Port Macquarie-Hastings Local Government Area (LGA))
· Be open to the general public
· Have broad appeal
· Be submitted by the event organiser or authorised agent
· Be specific, finalised and confirmed prior to submission (events with dates to be announced, undetermined locations, etc. cannot be listed)
· All events must have appropriate insurance and approval cover
· Normal attraction schedules with phrases such as "tours every weekend," "open over Easter," "simulcasting," or "races nightly" will not be accepted.
To be highlighted as an Annual event, the event must meet the above GPM Events criteria and in addition;
· Be expected to attract over 500 people
· Be once a year, one-off, unique events.
To be highlighted as a Featured event, the event must meet the GPM Events criteria above and in addition;
· Be expected to attract a significant number of people (over 1000), a large percentage from outside of our LGA.
Further information to assist when submitting events:
- Event contacts will be notified if the event submission has been declined.
- Events likely to receive favourable consideration include fairs, festivals, annual events, and exhibits.
- Events undergo careful review for broad appeal before being accepted, this particularly includes fundraisers, charity functions, trade shows, preliminary competitions, etc.
- To enhance your event, please email 2 images in jpeg format to email@example.com with your event title.
- The event will go live on the website within 5 working days, or Tourism and Events will contact you.
- The event will automatically be removed from the website when the event is over.
- Submitted events will be declined due to spelling and grammatical errors.