The Great Timbertown Easter Egg Hunt & School Holiday Entertainment
2 April 2007
Visitors to Timbertown Heritage Theme Park throughout the April School holidays will have the opportunity to win prizes valued over $2000 by participating in the NEW Great Timbertown Easter Egg Hunt from 6 to 22 April.
To win the prizes visitors will follow a set of clues in the hunt for the colorful eggs hidden amongst the historical treasures of Timbertown. The prizes are fabulous packages to explore Greater Port Macquarie.
There is so much activity planned at Timbertown over the school holidays including:
- The Easter Bunny Hunt - a character from Yesteryear will take children on a magical journey in search to find the Easter Bunny - 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th April at 1:30pm
- Chocolate Display Guessing Competition - guess the weight of the chocolate display and win all of the chocolate.
- Wooden Puzzle Competitions at the Hastings Woodworkers Guild - 11th, 14th, 15th, 18th, 21st & 22nd April 12:30pm - 2:30pm
- Free Art Lessons at the Timbertown Heritage Art Gallery with a local artist - 12th, 18th & 19th April 10am - 12 noon
- Street Theatre - Come and meet old characters in the street, have your shoes shined, a haircut or play some old fashioned games. Be entertained with live Australian songs. At 12:30pm a live play will take place daily in the backyard of the Lakeview Cottage.
- Chocolate making Demonstrations at Wallace's store - 11th, 13th, 17th, 19th, 21st April at 1pm - 3pm.
- Yesteryear Truck Show - 14 & 15 April - Fabulous display of vintage trucks, tractors and cars. Highlights - 1900s Ruggles Truck, Log loading demonstration at 11am followed by the grand parade, Live country music on the arena from 12 noon - 4pm.
Timbertown will be alive with entertainment and excitement for all ages to enjoy. Take a ride on the steam train and listen to the rhythm pounding on the track, visit the Animal Patting Farmyard where everyone can touch, feel and play with all types of baby farmyard animals, take a forest tour on the horse and carriage or a hop on a paddleboat for a relaxing experience on the lake.
Open from 9.30am to 4.30pm throughout the School Holidays Timbertown is a great value day out for all the family.
Entry is just $5 for adults, $3 for children, $12 for a family pass (two adults and two children) or $20 for an Annual Family Pass.
The action does not stop in daylight hours - Spooky Tales a Fright to Remember will entertain you at night. A spooky 2 hour theatre production set in the 1800's. This outdoor theatre production is the first of its kind at Timbertown. Experience a full outdoor theatre performance that will take you on a train journey from the present and transport you into the past out in the dark Timbertown forest. As well as the entertainment and the train ride their will also be real damper and Billy tea, served at the bush camp.
The dates of performance are Saturday 7th, Sunday 8th, Wednesday 11th, Friday 13th, Friday 20th and Saturday 21stApril. Be quick tickets are limited to 75 people per performance. At $30 per adult and $15 per child you will not find a night out and one to remember at this price.
For more details or bookings, please call Timbertown on 6585-1940 or you can book at the Port Macquaire Information Centre or call 1300 303 155.