The Business Hub
The purpose of the Business Hub is to raise issues of collective business concern, to provide information about member activities and to facilitate joint promotion or other forms of mutual assistance.
Entrepreneurs live and work within a circle of support that encourages and assists in the creative processes of building a business. The 'environment' is therefore crucial in helping or hindering their further development.
If you would like further information on growing your business and dealing with Council, please click on the link below for some useful information and contact details.
The Business Hub Team
The monthly gathering of the Business Hub is facilitated by Port Macquarie-Hastings Council. Hub members include representatives from the following community networks and organisations:
- Hastings Women's Business Network - provides Hastings businesswomen with a networking service to help and support them in their chosen careers.
- Mid North Coast NSW Business Chamber - to connect members to information, networking, advice & to assist them to navigate the business environment.
- Port Macquarie Chamber of Commerce - works to develop and grow local business by creating opportunities that will benefit the business and professional community throughout the Greater Port Macquarie region.
- Hastings Business Enterprise Network - (HBEN) focuses on the sharing of information, experience and networking opportunities between members to help build better business in the Hastings.
- Camden Haven Chamber of Commerce - represents many local businesses and is proud to promote the benefits of working, living and holidaying in the Camden Haven.
- Wauchope Chamber of Commerce - is a voluntary partnership of business and professional people working together to build better business in the Wauchope region.
- Greater Port Macquarie Tourism Association - in partnership with Council to market and promote the Greater Port Macquarie region.
- Port Macquarie-Hastings Council - has an explicit objective of increasing the level of sustainable business activity in Port Macquarie-Hastings.
- Industry Mid North Coast- To encourage and support the development and maintenance of a dynamic and sustainable manufacturing industry sector within the Mid North Coast of NSW.
- Dept of Trade & Investment, Regional Infrastructure Services - actively encourages business growth by working with companies at all stages of their development.
- Regional Development Australia - bringing together all levels of government to enhance the growth and development of regional Australia.
- Edmund Barton Centre - created to help sustain economies across regional Australia. It achieves this by providing assistance to new start up and existing businesses.
- Micro Business Forum - provides an opportunity for business people to meet in a friendly, relaxed environment. Members support each other through utilising services, becoming alliance partners or providing referrals. Topics covered at Forum meetings are a must see for any home business operator or micro business person.
- Enterprise & Training Company Ltd- (ETC) specialises in the delivery of employment, training and business services. Their core business falls into three main categories; ETC Employment Solutions, ETC Training Solutions and ETC Business Solutions. ETC is the Mid North Coast provider of Small Biz Connect. New and existing businesses can access 6 hours of personalised business support at no cost, subsidised by the NSW Government.