PMHC Celebrates Local Government Week
Friday, 30 July 2010
Port Macquarie-Hastings Council Administrator, Garry Payne is encouraging residents to celebrate Local Government Week by rediscovering the many Council community facilities available throughout the area.
"During Local Government Week, Port Macquarie-Hastings Council is holding a number of 'open days' to showcase some of Council's infrastructure.
From the 2nd to 8th August, we have scheduled activities throughout the week including:
- Monday; Discover the recently completed coastal walk from the Port Macquarie CBD to Lighthouse Beach.
- Tuesday; Tour and recycling demonstration at Cairncross Waste Depot.
- Wednesday; Move Well, Eat Well, Live Well launch of the libraries Pedometer Loan Scheme at Council libraries.
- Thursday; Discover the new footpath along the Camden Haven River at North Haven or the upgraded facilities at Rocks Ferry Reserve at Wauchope.
- Friday; Open day at Council libraries and Glasshouse tours (11am & 1pm, bookings essential 6581 8888).
- Saturday; Tour and morning tea at Cowarra Dam and inspect the new Wauchope-Bonny Hills Surf Club.
"Council has also recently installed new playground equipment at Settlement Point and Town Beach at Port Macquarie, the Bonny Hills Community Hall Reserve, the Tennis Court Reserve at Kendall and Wall Reserve at North Haven.
"These are all activities that are free and readily available to our local community.
"I hope people take the opportunity to see just how big a part local government plays in our everyday lives", Mr Payne said.