Port Macquarie-Hastings Council Community Grants Program
The Community Grants Program is aimed at local, not-for-profit, incorporated organisations who have an Australian Business Number and are conducting projects to enhance the quality of life in the local area. Approximately $200,000 will be made available in 2013-2014 which includes allocation for general grants of up to $10,000 for community groups, organisations and youth projects to establish and implement projects that align with the Port Macquarie-Hastings Community Strategic Plan.
The Grant Round is now open and will close at 4pm on 21 June 2013.
The Community Grants Round has four streams:
- General Community Grants which provide funding support to community groups and organisations to establish, strengthen and/or implement projects, which align with the Port Macquarie-Hastings Towards 2030 Community Strategic Plan objectives and benefit local residents.
- Environmental grants which seek to assist volunteer environmental groups with environmental restoration works on public bushland.
- Non-Council Owned Halls funding is available for allocation to the nine Non-Council owned halls (Hollisdale Hall, Byabarra Hall, Kindee Hall, Comboyne War Memorial Hall, Kendall Community Hall, Kendall War Memorial Hall, Telegraph Point School of Arts Hall, Rollands Plains School of Arts Hall and Ellenborough Hall).
- Christmas and New Year's Eve Events. Funding has been allocated to assist groups to run Christmas and New Years Eve events across the Port Macquarie-Hastings Local Government Area (LGA).
Apply for Community Grants Program
Select the grant you would like to apply for and click on the link below to apply online. For Smartygrants help, use the help guide available below.
Port Macquarie-Hastings Council follows a ranking process to determine the degree to which the projects:
- meet all the eligibility criteria;
- relate to the priority areas; and
- conform to the overall objectives of the Community Grants Program.
All applications are considered on their merits, having regard to the stated needs and priorities in Port Macquarie-Hastings Council's Community Strategic Plan suite of documents. The documents below may be useful resources for developing your application.
Bushland Reserve Management Reform
Community Grants Successful Recipients
For the complete list of successful recipients for the 2012-2013 Community Grants program, download the document below.
Community Grants Evaluation and Acquittal
Funding recipients of Port Macquarie-Hastings Council grants should ensure that their projects are acquitted, before they apply for a new grant funding round. Refer: Community Grants Evaluation and Acquittal
For general enquiries please contact Helen Federoff on (02) 6581 8111 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org