Believed to have been built for Charles Hayward, a convict who arrived in Australia in March 1826. It was the birth home of Frederick Hayward, who was Port Macquarie's second Mayor.
It is believed that the building was originally only single storey and built c1840 with the second storey added c1850.
The feature of this building is the internal wooden staircase, built by William Anderson, which is still in use today.
The building is classified by the National Trust of Australia (NSW).
Getting There: 104 Horton Street.
Walking: 4 minutes from the Town Green.